Wednesday, November 16, 2011

mmmmm Wednesday

Okay,  so here I am sitting in bed rummaging through Julie Ann's blog and what do I see on her blog but some super yummy treat called Black Bottoms. I could not believe my eyes, or tummy.  So as a special Wednesday edition of Oaktopia Design I give you Julie's Black Bottoms.

Black Bottoms Recipe

Jordan picked out the recipe for this post. His mom made Black Bottoms throughout his childhood and he had a craving. (No pressure...) Turns out, I did a good job. :] But now, I cannot stop devouring them! I packaged up a bunch to take to work tomorrow because I apparently have no control when it comes to these mini cupcakes of pure heaven. But I mean, chocolatey outside, creaming cream cheese and chocolate chips filling....can you blame me?
You're going to make two mixtures. First combine: 8 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1 package chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt. Then add the following to the dry ingredients: 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tb vinegar. Beat together.
So you should have to separate bowls of yumminess. Line a mini cupcake tin with mini cupcake wrappers. Fill the tin half way with the chocolate mixture. Then add a dollop of the cream cheese mixture on top.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let them cool and then prepare to get addicted!
 
Oh and you can thank her for that extra weight on your hips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment